Captain Hotknives.

Stark contrast to the Prolefeed lp, this release seemed to put itself together. The bass, drums and guitars went down in half an hour. Another half an hour for further guitar over dubs and about half an hour for the vocals. I can remember drawing the individual illustrations, but none of them felt laboured. Captain Hotknives said to the Prolefeed drummer what he'd like on the cover. When I asked Hotknives he said he had no idea what he wanted. I drew what the drummer said. Sure I must of spent a couple hours drawing these, putting the layout together and sorting the tracks out but really it all happened so fast I can't remember there being much stress or difficulty about it.

I was pretty honored to be illustrating and putting out the first Captain Hotknives vinyl release. The man has achived some kindof comedy cult status in the DIY punk scene. Something tells me this release will be remembered for a few years yet. Might stash a couple in my loft.

We released it on Friday the 13th because I said so and I'm a massive goth at heart.

Comments