Daniel Hughes - The Settle Down Cafe

Open now, my first solo exhibition. I never really considered exhibiting all these pieces before but had been recently prompted and I'm not going to lie, I was pretty proud to see them all up. The Settle Down Cafe was my first and only choice. There's about three places in Newcastle that I'll go to on the rare event that I have nothing to do and the other two places are pubs. I've drawn a few pieces in Settle Down, one of which became the back piece for a Shitnoise Bastards vinyl that by chance was sent to me last week (Despite being completed years and years ago.) 




It was a nightmare trying to cut down what I wanted to display from recent years but I've settled on about 24 pieces or so. Some of the staff have suggested that I put more up as there's still a couple white spaces left on the wall that sill need covered. I didn't use much rhyme or logic as to why I chose some pieces over others. My only criteria was that the piece be strong enough to stand alone without having to explain "Famine lp cover" or "Zine submission" or whatnot next to it. I'm far to lazy to explain what everything is.



Go along have lunch, drink coffee, look at my art, drink more coffee, return tomorrow. You can find Settle Down Cafe just off Westgate Road next to Tilleys Bar.
If anyone wants to purchase any of these pieces they can reach me at danielgmhughes@gmail.com. I have vague prices in my head but you're welcome to make an offer. 


Comments