Ballpeen - Loose Knot


This record hits all bases with me, and I've not even heard it all yet. Ballpeen have put 2 teaser tracks from their upcoming release on Serial Bowl Records with artwork by James Watts. Everything about this is fucking aces. Everyone involved are fucking aces for making this. Serial Bowl Records are a DIY record label based in Sunderland who have organised an impressive array of gigs and records in recent years. Probably a suiting label for Ballpeen's first release. Ballpeen are relatively new on the scene and to be honest I know little about them. They share a member with the now defunkt Tide of Iron. When Tide of Iron were riding high I considered them THE hardcore band of the North East. I was a bit emotional when they called it a day. Ballpeen have similar song structures and riffs to Tide of Iron but it's definitely a new band all together. It's nice to hear that guitar style back in full force however.

No-one in the punk scene is so uninformed that they need the cover art explained to them. Hits the spot for me over and over.

Go have a listen at https://ballpeennewcastle.bandcamp.com/

Comments