Inktober

Normally I try to mark October by creating something substantial. Maybe it's because I'm a miserable goth at heart but there's something about October that leaves me feeling much more creative than usual. There's something about Summer that leaves me feeling a little guilt ridden. If the weather is good you're obliged to get out and enjoy yourself somehow. No-one expects anything of you in October. "What did you do at the weekend Dan?" "Nothing, nothing at all." "Don't blame you, the weather was rank." I feel more relaxed in October and can feel some kindof creative door open mentally.
In the past I've recorded, mixed and released full released in October. (Go have a listen to Rotting Bull https://rottingbull.bandcamp.com/ ) I had told myself that to take a break from university work I was going to treat myself to spending a couple weekends with the guitars out recording new Rotting Bull music. I tried but some of my vital equipment had broken into a state of disrepair. For a few years I've been aware of the social media trend of "Inktober" for illustrators. Always felt a couple pangs of envy that I hadn't attempted Inktober before. (The premise of Inktober is that you draw an ink illustration each day for the month of Inktober. There is prompts if you wish to use them but I decided to draw the first idea that came to me.)

Perhaps I'm cheating a bit in a way as I'd probably naturally draw 31 illustrations a month anyway. To give a sense of occassion to the month I chose to use the same sketchbook for the month having found a book with roughly 31 blank pages within. Out of curiosity I'm listing all of the illustrations on eBay. Something I've never done before.

Comments